Grants Contract Specialist, TIRR Memorial Hermann, Houston, Texas
Position is responsible for the solicitation, review, submission, award notification, implementation, coordination, and monitoring of all grant or funding requests submitted by the Hospital. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to perform all job related activities as outlined below.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, scientific or healthcare discipline or equivalent experience.
- Three years experience in a grant & contract management setting and experience working on complex, multifaceted projects and network with industry and federal agencies.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proficient computer literacy and skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Prepares analysis and recommendation for grant opportunities for research and other areas within hospital by conducting detailed searches through federal and industry-sponsored research publications and websites; understands technical aspects of research parameters.
- Initiates request for proposals ensuring appropriate documentation, approval and regulatory compliance.
- Tracks the grant award notification process and implementation within Hospital.
- Monitors funding and reporting for all grants agreements.
- Responds promptly and courteously to internal requests and external calls/solicitations.
- Maintains a positive relationship with various system departments to accomplish goals.
- Adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.