Office Manager, New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center, Prescott Valley, AZ
About the Position
New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center is Located in Prescott Valley, Arizona and serves Northern Arizona. New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center is an NPO, 501(c)3 Charitable organization dedicated to assisting all people with any disability to live the most independent, self-directed lives possible through offering programs and services in five core areas: Peer Support, Information and Referral, Individual and Systems Advocacy, Independent Living Skills Training, and Youth in Transition. Locally, we have just created the area’s only DisAbility Empowerment Campus; adding the strength of other NPO’s to our own. We are a fast growing service organization focused on providing the best service for people living with a disability.
New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center is seeking a multi-talented, high-speed professional to manage our office and facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate information/assistance to consumers by mail, email, in person and over the phone
- Assist with data entry for various computer databases, Federal & State reports
- Order, purchase and track supplies
- Assist Finance Manager in budget management as needed
- Manage Facility cleaning and Maintenance
- Assist with coordination of volunteer program
- Assist Executive Director and Finance Manager or any other staff member as needed
- Maintain/assist with various reports, files, logs, contribution information and contract compliance
- Assist employees with computer issues
- Other duties or projects as requested
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent telephone presence and demonstrated ability to direct inquiries to the appropriate staff member or community resource
- Must be detail oriented and proofread all work – accuracy is critical
- Must be a team player – ability to pitch in and help wherever needed
- Must be able to work independently after initial instruction
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of QuickBooks Pro
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Publisher, Excel, E-mail and navigating the Internet
- Must be multi-task oriented, able to perform a variety of duties
- General knowledge of simple mechanical tasks –can operate a drill and wrench if needed
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and traverse the area, walking/ Maneuvering a minimum of 100 yards without rest.
- Knowledge of cross-disability and cultural issues
- Multilingual ability
Please direct resumes and applications to dhenderson@NHDEC.org.
New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NHDEC is committed to applying the principles of State and Federal anti-discrimination laws to give equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability. NHDEC maintains a workplace free of harassment and intimidation.