Expanding CIL Capacity through Youth Transition Services: Collaborating with School Districts and VR (3 hours)
About the Training
If you would like to develop collaborative agreements with school districts and VR agencies to expand your CIL's capacity and create sustainability, then this training is for you. The New Community Opportunities Center produced this two-part series to provide Centers for Independent Living with proven examples of CIL-VR-school district contracting relationships. The format for this training is moderated discussions with two highly successful CILs who share their effective approaches.
Executive directors, program managers, and board members of centers for independent living.
Upon completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Describe CIL models of youth transition services contracted with school districts and vocational rehabilitation.
- Identify proven approaches for establishing working relationships with school districts and VR.
- Identify beginning steps to take in establishing contracts with school districts and VR.
- Describe tips and strategies for balancing the CIL roles as advocates and contractors.
View Part 1 of the Training (01:18:44)
PowerPoint and Transcript
- PowerPoint presentation (PPTX file)
- PowerPoint presentation (PDF file)
- PowerPoint presentation (Accessible text file)
- Transcript of the presentation (MS Word docx)
View Part 2 of the Training (01:28:04)
Transcript of the Program
- Transcript of the Presentation (MS Word docx)
Complete an Evaluation - Please help us present topics you want more information about and make future discussions better by giving us your feedback. Use the following link to go to our evaluation http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2071181/On-Demand-Training-Evaluation.