Resources on Advocacy
The following list of resources is provided to supplement the trainings, publications and other resources on Advocacy contained on this website.
Advocacy and Lobbying by Centers for Independent Living
- IndependentSector Resource: About Nonprofit Advocacy
- IndependentSector Resource: The Nonprofit Lobbying Guide: Second Edition
- IndependentSector Resource: The Nonprofit Lobbying Guide: Second Edition, Chapter 9 - The 1976 Lobby Law and 1990 IRS Regulations: An Overview (PDF)
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities form, approved by OMB (PDF)
- Communicating with Legislators, produced by the Consortium of Idahoans with Disabilities. An illustration of how one CIL prepares consumers for systems advocacy.
- BolderAdvocacy: Tools for Effective Advocacy
- BolderAdvocacy: Navigate the Rules -- Influencing Legislation
- BolderAdvocacy: Navigate the Rules -- Electoral Activity
- A Guide to Disability Rights Law, which includes the National Voter Registration Act
- A Voter Registration Toolkit for Nonprofits and Social Service Agencies
- Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) on Lobbying
- Nonprofits and Lobbying - Yes They Can! Website of the American Bar Association
- 6 Twitter Tips for Change-Makers